RSA Archer – Basic Definitions
A few of the basic terms in RSA Archer will be explained in this post. These are commonly used to define the data stored in the application.
- Value: The smallest unit of information in data entry is known as value. It could be in the form of text, list, date, or any other format.
- Field: A field is a collection of a particular type of value. RSA Archer offers a diverse selection of fields, such as date, numeric entry, text, selection, etc.
- Record: Records are known as data entry in RSA Archer. It consists of various fields which are related to each other.
- Application: RSA Archer consists of different applications. Each application has a specific purpose to collect a specific type of record.
- Questionnaire: Questionnaire is a type of application that is used to conduct a survey. Generally, the questionnaire is linked with an application to gather user experience about that application.
- Solution: A Solution is used to group different applications together in a bundle. These applications belong to the same genre and together form a solution for the organization.
For example, Incident Management solution, which consists of various applications, namely, Contacts, Incidents, Response Procedure, Whistleblower, Facilities, etc.
- Workspace: Workspaces contain different Solutions. It helps to organize the RSA Archer. therefore, the Workspace contains solutions and solutions contains applications.
- Report: When users search certain records based on some criteria, it gives us a report. This report can be saved for future reference as well.
- Chart: Graphical display of a report is known as Chart.
- iView: iView is the quick window of the information displayed to the users which are derived from the report.
- Dashboard: Users can create a Dashboard that contains a distinct set of iViews. Dashboards are used to organize iViews and get an overall idea about the records added in the application.