How to connect to MAC to another MAC using Screen Sharing
Due to COVID-19, most of us are working remotely. So, during this time it becomes important to enable screen-sharing either to receive remote assistance from your IT team or to work on your computer.
If you want to enable screen sharing on your MAC OS, you can go through this article to learn about it.
You need to collect information about the Computer name and the IP address about the MAC which need to be accessed.
Step 1: Enable screen sharing on your First MacOS:
You can follow these steps to enable screen-sharing:
- Select Apple Menu > System preferences> click Sharing.
- Make sure to check the Screen Sharing checkbox.
- Another way to share the screen is Remote Login, you can learn about it in this article.
- Next, Allow access for the users who can see the shared screen.
- You can either choose All Users on your network or restrict the limit using Only These Users.
Step 2: Access the shared Mac from your Second MacOS :
Now, the shared computer is ready. Go to your second Mac which belongs to the same network and follow these instructions:
- From the top menu, click on Go > Connect to the Server
- Next, Add the VNC Address of the first MacOS as shown in the image:
- Click on Connect and provide the username and password of the user which is allowed to access the Mac.
- Once you are connected, you will be prompted to either share display or log in as a new user.
You can also connect using the IP Address instead of the computer name
When you select the Screen Sharing computer, the computer name is mentioned in the top section of screen sharing pop up.
(Apple menu > System Preferences > Screen Sharing)
IP Address :
- Go to System Preferences > Network
- Next, depending on your network connection, such as WiFi or Ethernet, select the option which is green dotted and have connected status.
- Take note of the IP address.
That’s it! Let me know if you run into any troubles! I would love to assist you further 🙂